Krokus is situated just above the Wisła town centre, at the southern hill of the Partecznik mountain, in beautiful place with a view over the Czantoria, Soszów Wielki and Stożek mountains. It is a perfect accommodation base, as it is near tourist tracks and ski slopes.
The location on the hill above the town centre makes the whole area peaceful and quiet. You can fully appreciate nature and in less than 20 minutes be in the hearth of tourist town to enjoy all the attractions it has to offer.
Krokus is a wonderful starting point for mountain, foot and bicycle trips. Nearby there is a yellow trail going to the Trzy Kopce Wiślańskie – a place, where three Beskid towns meet: Wisła, Ustroń and Brenna. From the top of the mountain you can see such peaks, as Skrzyczne, Kotarz, Grabowa, Orłowa, Równica and Czantoria.
There are two ski slopes within 1.5-2 km from the hotel: Partecznik and Skolnity. The Krokus reception desk has discount cards you can buy for the ski routes.
Wisła attractions worth visiting are:
- Hunting lodge – at the beginning it served as the hunting lodge of the Archduke Friedrich of the House of Habsburg, after many years it was changed into mountain hut. In 1968 it was moved to the Wisła town centre, currently it is the office for the Wisła Polish Tourist and Sightseeing Society (PTTK).
- Beskidzkie Museum – contains an exhibition connected with life and work of the Beskid Śląski highlanders.
- The President of Poland Castle in Wisla built in 1929-1930 as a gift of the silesian people for the head of the state.
- Kocyana hut – a wooden hut from 1930 containing ancient dishes and tools.
- Ski museum with rich collection if ski equipment – it contains skis that Adam Małysz had when he won the Polish championship.
- Adam Małysz Ski jump – you can get there by chairlift
- Barania Góra nature reserve with the area of 386 hectares is the starting point of the queen of Polish rivers – Wisła.
- Wisełka waterfall – Wisła Czarne – eight metres artificial waterfall known as “Little dam”.
- B. Hoff square and the Spa House which holds the Adam Małysz figure made from the white chocolate.
We invite you take a ride with sightseeing trains that go from the town centre and drive around the whole Wisła valley. During the tour you can learn many interesting things about the local attractions.
Local attractions worth seeing:
- Kawulok hut in Istebna – regional room.
- Lace museum in Koniaków.
- Forest Park of Surprises in Ustroń – regional zoological park, where you can freely walk around animals that can be fed from hand.
- Dinosaurs park in Ustroń – educational track with moving dinosaur exhibits.
- Chlebowa Cottage in Górki Małe.
There is no time for boredom in Wisła!